Anchor brick is a type of refractory brick for the roof of industrial furnaces, which includes a pillar composed of a hanging end and an anchor. The grooves distributed at intervals on the surface of the anchor body are provided with ribs along at least one surface of the anchor body along the length direction. After the ribs are provided, due to the reinforcement and pulling action of the ribs, the tensile strength of the anchor brick body is improved. Obviously, the stress generated in the groove is blocked at the ribs and cannot be transmitted, so the anchor brick of this structure is not easy to break.
Anchor Refractory Bricks
Anchor bricks for industrial furnaces are divided into hanging bricks and perforated bricks. It is made of high-quality raw materials, machine-pressed or poured, and then sintered at high temperature.
The alumina content of anchor bricks is above 55%, and the alumina content of high-quality anchor bricks can reach 75%. The load softening temperature of this type of refractory brick body can reach 1550 ° C, which is an excellent fire brick product. In general, the anchor brick for industrial furnaces will choose alumina content of 55%, because the anchor brick with 55% content is more flexible. In addition, it should be noted that the anchor brick refractory castable needs to be consistent with the anchor brick’s material and proportion, and has the same expansion and contraction, so that it can form a close combination with the castable and extend the life of the furnace lining.
Application of Anchor Brick for Industrial Furnace
An industrial furnace or flue wall is roughly composed of an inner lining layer, a heat insulation layer and an outer wall layer. The inner lining is refractory brick, and the outer wall is ordinary sintered brick. These layers need to be anchored. Anchor bricks do just that. In addition, anchor bricks play an important role in laying straight walls, which can improve the integrity of straight walls.
The layout and masonry of anchor bricks during use should follow the following principles:
- The arrangement of anchor bricks should be determined according to the range and frequency of temperature changes and the size of the wall area facing the wall, usually it should not be less than 6 pieces / m2.
- The anchor bricks must be carefully inspected before masonry. If there are cracks in the anchoring holes that affect the overall strength of the anchor bricks, they cannot be used, and they should be discarded firmly.
- When the masonry is close to the position of the anchor bricks, it is necessary to arrange the bricks in advance to determine the exact position of the anchor bricks.
- Use a wire brush to thoroughly clean the welding part of the metal shell, and use welding rods suitable for the welding parts to firmly weld the anchor pipe.
- Insert the anchor hook after the completion of the anchor brick, and fill the air raid with the refractory fiber felt and plug it tightly to form a certain protection for the anchor.
RS Refractory Manufacturer has extensive experience in the production of refractory bricks. If you have an industrial furnace that requires anchor bricks, please contact us and our sales engineer will reply to you in the shortest time.