Mullite insulation brick is a new type of refractory bricks in China, which can directly contact the flame, and has the characteristics of high temperature resistance, lightness, low thermal conductivity and remarkable energy saving effect. Mullite insulating fire brick is a kind of high alumina refractory materials mainly composed of mullite (3Al2O3·2SiO2). Generally, the Al2O3 content is between 65% and 75%. The mullite insulation refractory brick can be used in hot stove top, blast furnace body and furnace bottom, glass furnace regenerator, ceramic sintering kiln, oil cracking system dead angle lining,etc. RS sincerely hopes to have an opportunity cooperating with friends all over the world to achieve a win-win. Please email us for free quotation!
Introduction to Mullite Insulation Brick
Mullite insulation brick is a new type of refractory material in China, which can directly contact the flame, and has the characteristics of high temperature resistance, lightness, low thermal conductivity and remarkable energy saving effect. mullite insulation brick is a kind of high alumina refractory material mainly composed of mullite (3Al2O3·2SiO2). Generally, the Al2O3 content is between 65% and 75%. In addition to mullite, the mineral composition of mullite insulating fire brick contains a small amount of glass phase and cristobalite if the content of Al2O3 is lower; and a higher amount of alumina also contains a small amount of corundum.
Composition of Mullite Insulation Brick
What are the raw material of mullite insulation bricks and how to make them, I believe you must be very curious about that. They are made from high alumina bauxite clinker as the main raw material, with the addition of a small amount of clay. The clay resources are well protected, so the appearance of mullite insulation bricks is the product of modern technology. Aluminum was previously something that nobility could use, but modern technology has allowed aluminum to be used to produce a variety of products.
Classification of Mullite Insulation Brick
Mullite insulation bricks are available in sintered mullite bricks and fused mullite bricks. The sintered mullite brick is made of high alumina bauxite clinker as a main raw material, and a small amount of clay or raw bauxite is added as a binder, which is formed by molding and firing. The fused mullite brick is made of high alumina, industrial alumina and refractory clay, and is added with charcoal or coke fine particles as a reducing agent, and is formed by reduction electrofusion after molding. The crystal of fused mullite is larger than sintered mullite, and the thermal shock resistance is better than that of sintered bricks. Their high temperature performance depends mainly on the alumina content and the uniformity of the mullite phase and glass distribution.
According to mullite insulating fire bricks’ density, they can be classified into lightweight mullite insulation bricks and heavy weight mullite insulation bricks.
According to the different operating temperature, mullite insulation bricks can be divided into 1350 mullite bricks and 1450 mullite bricks, 1550 mullite bricks, etc. More than 1550 mullite bricks are generally used as fire hydrants bricks because of their high temperature resistance.
Properties of Mullite Insulation Brick
Mullite insulation brick has a high degree of refractoriness and can reach above 1790 ℃. The load softening start temperature is between 1600 and 1700℃. Its cold crushing strength is from 70 to 260 MPa and it has good thermal shock resistance.
So mullite insulation brick has the following features:
- Low thermal conductivity, with good thermal insulation effect
- Low heat fusion, due to the low thermal conductivity, the mullite series of lightweight thermal insulation bricks accumulate little heat energy, and the energy saving effect is obvious in intermittent operation
- Low impurity content,has a very low oxide content such as iron alkali metal, and therefore, mullite insulation brick has high refractoriness; higher aluminum content allows it to maintain good performance under a reducing atmosphere
- High thermal crushingstrength
- Appearance size is accurate, speeding up the masonry, reducing the amount of refractory mud, ensuring the strength and stability of the masonry, thus prolonging the life of the lining
- Can be processed into special shapesto reduce the number of bricks and joints
Specification of Mullite Insulation Brick
Mullite Insulation Brick Technical Data
|Classification Temperature /℃||1300||1400||1450||1500|
|Cold Crushing Strength/MPa||3.5||3.5||4||4|
|Reheating Linear Change/%≤||1300℃||1400℃||1450℃||1500℃|
|Thermal Conductivity(w/m.k) ≤ 350℃± 25℃||0.35||0.35||0.5||0.6|
Application of Mullite Insulation Brick
- Mullite insulation brick is a high-grade mullite poly-light refractory brick developed by our company in recent years.
- It has excellent performance and can be directly used in high-temperature kiln lining.
- It has been widely used in shuttle kiln, roller kiln, glass kiln and the lining of petrochemical furnaces.
- Besides, mullite insulation bricks are mainly used in hot stove top, blast furnace body and furnace bottom, glass furnace regenerator, ceramic sintering kiln, oil cracking system dead angle lining and so on.
Price of Mullite Insulation Brick
Currently, there are no relevant regulations on the size and specifications of mullite insulation refractory bricks in the Chinese market, so the price is still uneven. However, the price of mullite insulating bricks in RS are very competitive. RS Refractory Online Sale can assure you that the mullite insulation fire bricks price from our company is much cheaper than that of the other suppliers.
Manufacturer of Mullite Insulation Brick
RS Kiln Refractory has a number of advanced refractory production lines, professional technicians and after-sale teams, which can provide you with high quality mullite insulation bricks and intimate service at the best price. If you want to get more information for free about mullite insulation refractory bricks, welcome to contact us. Rongsheng company is looking forward to working with you to create a brilliant future!